Only less than two hours away from the bustling streets of Manila, Tagaytay has become a popular tourist destination for its magnificent view of the Taal Volcano and its chilly and relaxing weather. Many have flocked to the city to enjoy quality time with family and friends, and what better activity to do this with but with eating and drinking in Tagaytay.
The number of restaurants in Tagaytay has drastically increased through the years as the demand for good food has grown. There are dozens of options to choose from as the list of restaurants is as diverse as the people who go up to the city. Here are some of the restaurants to choose from when visiting Tagaytay:
- Bon Giorno – Serving authentic Italian Food, Bon Giorno serves yummy pizza, risottos and Chicken Parmigiana along with the relaxing atmosphere that complements its gastronomic escapade.
- Antonio’s Restaurants - There are three Antonio’s Restaurants in all: Antonio’s All-Day Breakfast, Antonio’s’ Grill and Antonio’s Fine Dining Restaurant which all serve fantastically tasting food in a wide variety of choices.
- Bag Of Beans – For great-tasting coffee and an English meal, Bag of Beans should be your choice of place. Their freshly baked bread and outstanding coffee makes regular Tagaytay trippers keep on coming back for more.
- Sonya’s Garden – Imagine being served salad straight from its organic garden with the best-tasting salad dressing you will ever try. Tucked in the hidden slopes of Tagaytay, this supposedly secret garden has been deemed the worst kept secret in Tagaytay.
- Mushroom Burger – Mushroom Burger has always been a favorite restaurant in Tagaytay through the years. Their amazingly delicious mushroom burgers provide a healthier alternative to the usual burgers we see around town.
- Taaleno – Taaleno is famous for their Crispy Tawilis which are small fresh water fish species that can only be found in the Taal Lake. Also, the view from Taaleno would definitely entice any visitors’ appetite as well.
- Tagaytay Highlands Steakhouse – This world-class restaurant undoubtedly serves the best when it comes to steak. Their quality of meat along with the execution of cooking is superb, unmatched and skillfully done.
- Josephine’s - Some consider Josephine’s the number one Filipino Restaurant in Tagaytay because they only serve the best in quality when it comes to favorite Filipino dishes. Although a bit more expensive, eating at Josephine’s can definitely match the fantastic view of the Taal Lake.
- Leslie’s – Some people are willing to wait out the long lines for lunch and dinner at Leslie’s for one dish alone – Bulalo Soup. Although Tagaytay is saturated with tons of restaurants that serve Bulalo Soup, many claim that Leslie’s serve the best Bulalo Soup in town.
- LZM Restaurant – When you’re looking for delectable Filipino food on a budget, LZM restaurant would be the best choice. Make sure to order their famous Fried Boneless Bangus that put this once hole-in-the-wall restaurant on the Tagaytay map.
Eating and Drinking in Tagaytay is part of the entire Tagaytay experience so make sure to drop by any of these restaurants and get your palettes ready for a delectable dining experience.